Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chew Away!

Are you asian-food crazy like me? Good... head to Chew then. 

First things first: The first thing I noticed when i entered this "cafe" were the swing chairs. Different. Funky. The yellow, black and white decor gives this places a happy character. Graphic walls, a display kitchen, and delicious looking deserts on display. 

Course 1: We loved the Sushi. It took time to come but was made fresh and tasted so. they have a pretty exhaustive menu, but after much deliberation, we settles doe a half and half of California rolls and Prawn Tempura rolls. Thumbs up!

Tip: if you dont want to eat 6 of the same rolls, you can ask them to give you two kinds and charge for the higher priced rolls. Its not an option on the menu, but they obliged. 

Course 2: I ordered the Khao Suey, but wasn't too impressed. Pj's order was more sensible (both, terms of the taste and portion size). He got prawns with spicy mayo to go with pan fried Udon noodles. Fresh, succulent, spicy, flavorful. Ask them to go slow on the chilli (in the noodles).

Course 3: Bursting! Tried to skip it....I promise we tried! 
A piece of advice: Leave space for desert. The desert menu is one of the most exhaustive I've seen. We were full with food and had no space for any desert. Trust me, I have a different compartment for deserts, but I really was full. Filled with regret, I asked to the check and the server for us a complimentary chocolate tart instead. PJ and I finished it in 5 minutes. A nice buttery, crumbly tart, filled with the most silky, gooey checolate. I think we were close to eating the cardboard base too *hiding face in palms*
One word: Divine!
Well, I'm definitely going back to try the spicy black prawn meal-in-a-bowl and the Penang curry....ummmm and to try the tepenyaki menu, and the hazelnut and brownie shake, and the stir fried tofu with onions, and the pork belly in teriyaki sauce.....OMG! stop stop stop!.
Oooh.... I think I wanna go back now!

Must try: Prawns in spicy mayo, prawn tempura sushi, chocolate tart
A word of caution: It's not cheap by any means. They brand themselves as a cafe, but the prices are not very cafe like. We paod 3300 for a meal for two, without alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment