Monday, February 27, 2012

Revelations and food

There are times when you think you have seen it all when you have toured a place a zillion times, and then there is the epiphany!
6 years and over a dozen trips, and I didnt know about Premi
um Outlets. How could I let that pass? I thought the only place where they had these outlets was Michigan City. This trip was a series of revelations (literally).

So the US has something called the Premium Outlets. You get everything at like 65% slashed prices. I'm not kidding! You don’t have to wait for Presidents Day sales or 4th of July weekends....Any time, any day.... you can shop all you want. I could not get myself to believe that I had been buying all these brands at the retail value when I could have bought them 65% cheaper!

Well, no point crying over spilt milk, right? So after I figured this out, I actually gave up on my trip to Universal Studios so I don’t miss out on the opportunity of shopping at these low prices. And so I did....shopped (not to my heart’s content), but I did shop.....A LOT!

Any way, what I was goin
g to write about (or signed in to write about) are two restaurants: Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe (Chicago) and Nuela (New York).

Wildberry is heaven for pancake lovers. Address: 130 E. Randolph Street. Besides the fact that you can eat breakfast at any time of the day, Wildberry has a mouthwatering selection of pancakes and crepes. Another revelation: Wildberry is actually in the same building that my Chicago office is in....and I never knew! Thank you Priyum Jyoti for introducing me to the most awesome place.

After a 20 minute wait, here is what we ordered (we decided to eat Family style):

1. we started with a Skillet, loaded with piping hot potatoes...topped with cheese....two eggs (we ordered for scrambled)....and two toasts.
2. Berry Bliss crepes. If that didn’t ting
le your taste buds, listen to what all it had: Crepes Filled with Wildberry Mascarpone, Fresh Blackberries, Strawberries, and Blueberries....AND topped with Vanilla Cream Anglaise & Blackberry Coulis.....Phew! It was divine.
3. Now we needed something to wash it down, so we I had the wildberry orange juice. Fresh, pulpy, cold.... just the way i like it. And I seriously cant remember what Priyum ordered.

A 9.5/10

PS: I went back for lunch the next day.

And now, Nuela. Address: 43 W. 24th
St, New York. Nuela is a South American restaurant. Bright, colorful decor, yet not jarring. The food had, what I would call, a "different" flavor.

It had one of the best made Margaritas. Two 'ritas on the rocks and you
're set! Don't forget to take Google along coz there are things on the menu that you will need to Google, or you'll end up like me....ordering raw fish :) But I tell you, it was NOT bad. I ordered the Chifa Cebiche (raw fish, peanuts, scalions, thai chilli, and sesame oil). Yeah, I know....me and all that jazz.

Dinner was nice. Really nice. I had a half chicken with
French fries. I would have loved to have the suckling pig, but they would serve that only for a party of 10. The other thing that looked good was the Verde (paella with roasted vegetables).

An 8/10

until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment